Chapter 3 handles an issue that I have always felt to be the most important to an individual connecting to the church. I am glad to see the research supports it. I read recently where it was stated that a person who is new (or returning) to the church needed to establish at least seven meaningful relationships. These relationships help to connect them to the body of Christ. Rainer gives us five conclusions as it relates to relationships.
1. Relationships are very important.
2. Rarely do relationships alone explain the best way to reach the unchurched.
3. God sometimes works to reach the unchurched without using any relationships.
4. Family relationships are the msot important.
5. The wife is the most important relationships in reaching the unchuched.