I find presidential history fascinating. I enjoy reading about their personal lives, their accomplishments during their presidency, and matters pertaining to the office of the president. I particuraly enjoy reading on the lives of Lincoln, Grant, FDR, and Kennedy. Today, my son Jordan was reading, Ripley’s Believe It or Not, Special Edition. Inside was a list showing how John F Kennedy and Abraham Lincoln were connected. This list is eerie to say the least, seeing how they lived at least one hundred years apart. What do you think?
* Both Kennedy and Lincoln were deeply involved in the civil rights issue of his era. in Lincoln’s time, the issue was slavery: In Kennedy’s, it was segregation.
* Lincoln’s assassin, John Wilkes Booth was born in 1839.
* Kennedy’s assassin, Lee Harvey Oswalk, was born in 1939.
* Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy who warned him not to go to the threatre that night.
* Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln who warned him not to go to Dallas.
* Both were shot on Friday.
* Both were shot were from behind.
* Both wives were present whent heir husbands were shot.
* Booth shot Lincoln in a theater and ran into a warehouse.
* Oswald shot Kennedy from a warehouse and ran into a theater.
* Both presidents were succeeded by men named Johnson.
* Both Johnsons were Democrats from the South.
* The Johnson who succeeded Lincoln was born in 1808. The Johnson who succeeded Kennedy was born in 1908.
* Both presidents’ last names have 7 letters. Their successors first and last names combined have 13 letters. The combined letters in the names of their assassins’ first and last names have 15.